By Shirley Chew,David Richards
- An necessary advisor for someone looking an authoritative realizing of the highbrow contexts of Postcolonialism, bringing jointly 10 unique essays from best overseas students together with C. L. Innes and Susan Bassnett
- Explains the information and practises that emerged from the dismantling of ecu empires
- Explores the ways that those principles and practices motivated the period's keynote issues, similar to race, tradition, and identification; literary and cultural translations; and the politics of resistance
- Chapters disguise the fields of identification stories, orality and literacy, nationalisms, feminism, anthropology and cultural feedback, the politics of rewriting, new geographies, publishing and advertising, translation studies.
- Features an invaluable Chronology of the interval, thorough basic bibliography, and courses to additional reading
Read Online or Download A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This bio-bibliographical reference booklet will acquaint the reader with the lives and works of a few of an important ladies writers within the heritage of French literature. Fifty-one essays disguise the lives and works of person writers with an emphasis on their stories as writers, a dialogue in their significant subject matters, and short surveys of severe reactions.
This choice of Keith Sagar's writings at the poetry of D H Lawrence contains many new interpretations of recognized poems. It ends with a year-by-year list of experiences and feedback of Lawrence’s poems, from 1913 to the current. notwithstanding a lot has been written approximately Lawrence's poetry (as published by means of different hundred entries within the book's record of criticism), there were rather few complete size reports.
In Composing Selves, award-winning writer Peggy Whitman Prenshaw offers the main entire therapy of autobiographies through ladies within the American South. This long-anticipated addition to Prenshaw’s examine of southern literature spans the 20 th century as she presents an in-depth examine the life-writing of eighteen ladies authors.
Alex Miller's novels are more and more considered as classics of Australian literature. This selection of serious essays bargains a scientific creation to the paintings of 1 of Australia's top recognized authors. one in all Australia's most beneficial novelists, Alex Miller's writing is either well known and severely well-received.
- Die Potlooddief en die engel
- A Disturbing and Alien Memory: Southern Novelists Writing History (Southern Literary Studies)
- Making Girls into Women: American Women’s Writing and the Rise of Lesbian Identity (Series Q)
- The Politics of Prudence
- A New Companion to Milton (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
- Pathologies of Paradise: Caribbean Detours (New World Studies)
Extra info for A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Shirley Chew,David Richards